Join us at Steam Plant
Enjoy severalistinct environments within this historic Spokane landmark:
- Our restaurant, Stacks at Steam Plant, offers a distinctive approach to dining in which we work with local farmers and ranchers to create dishes that celebrate the best our region has to offer.he restaurant featureseating that offers views of the 80-foot ceilings, old boiler pipes and catwalks as well as tohe pub down below.
- Steam Plant Brewing Company Pub showcases it's very own nationally-acclaimed, hand-crafted beers using regionally grown grains and hops. The menu here offersur Chef's own twist of traditional pub fare, including meats and fish smoked right here insideur smokehouse. funny pictures funny images
- Steam Plant Commons Banquets provides four unique private dining areas. The Commons, our featured banquet space, is accented by an open water pipe fountain and has access to the only viewing area where you can look up the entireeight of one of our 225-foot smokestacks. You might also enjoy a more intimate gathering inside one of the restored boilers.hese roomsrovide the perfect spaces for banquets, receptions, meetings andrivate parties.
3:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday- Thursday
3:00pm - 11:00pm Friday & Saturday
History and Philosophy
Our Legacy in Spokane's Histroy
The Steam Plant was constructed to produce steam heat and electrical power for downtown Spokane.
- The twin 225 smokestacks were hand-formed, using a total of 333,340 bricks.
- The Steam Plant provided heat to most of the major buildings in downtown Spokane until 1986.
- During its operation, fuels including coal, oil, natural gas, wood chips, electricity and saw dust were used to produce from 15,000 to 370,000 pounds of steam pressure per hour, virtually every hour of the day or night.
- By 1986 the Steam Plant was no longer economically viable to operate.
After being a home to workers and equipment producing steam heat almost non-stop for over 70 years, the Steam Plant sat idle for almost a decade before finding its new purpose to house 80,000 square feet of offices, retail spaces and the Steam Plant Brewing Company and Stacks Restaurant. We are pleased to have the opportunity to bring the public in to meet an esteemed Spokane landmark. funny photos
The Steam Plants the vision of Spokane historic renovators Ron and Julie Wells.
Steam Plant Square has won numerous awards for historic preservation, including the prestigious 2001 National Preservation Honor Award from the National Trust for Historic Preservation and the 2001 Award of Merit from the American Institute of Architects, Pacific and Northwest Region.
The Steam Plant has won many local awards in its own right, including: Rising Star, Power Lunch, and Best Bartender!
Catering and large parties
Enjoy the stunning interiors in our main dining room, or have an unforgettable event in one of our private dining rooms - The Commons or one of our unique Boiler Rooms. Learn more about catering...
Go to our Employment section to print off an application and learn more about the work environment. Go...